Do you want to receive an email when news items are posted?
Cycling isn’t just for the summer, why not give it a go this November? The Big Shift has many different projects that can help you get started with cycling, no matter what the weather.
Free cycle training is available for anyone who lives, works, or studies in Lambeth.
• Private 1-1 sessions, family sessions, or group sessions.
• From beginner sessions in an off-road environment, to advance sessions dealing with complex junctions.
• Assistance with planning routes to wherever you’d like to go, and then cycling them with an instructor.
Book your session at www.cycleconfident.com
Try Before You Bike
Try Before You Bike is a user-friendly scheme that is specifically designed to encourage people to cycle.
• Pay monthly for a bike (including hybrid, folding bikes, e-bikes, e-cargo bikes, and adaptive bikes).
• Free delivery to your door with accessories (helmet, lights, and lock), and bespoke training session.
• You have the option to purchase the bike, or it can be collected for free if you decide the bike is not for you.
Find out more at www.peddlemywheels.com
OurBike is a community cargo bike share scheme where you can hire an electric cargo bike by the hour.
• Costs just £3 per hour to rent and can travel up to 50km on a full charge.
• The cargo bikes can carry up to two kids, or all kinds of cargo from furniture to food deliveries.
• Seven bikes located across the borough.
Find your nearest OurBike and sign up at www.ourbike.co.uk
Public bike markets are a great opportunity to pick up an affordable child or adult bike.
• Bikes are fully serviced and priced affordably.
• Wide range of different bikes and sizes.
• Bikes can also be donated at the market.
• All sales proceeds from donated bikes go to upCYCLE, a community workshop teaching young people from ethnic minority backgrounds bike maintenance skills. www.upcycleldn.co.uk
Find out when the next Bike Market is at www.peddlemywheels.com
Experienced mechanics will give your bike a FREE safety check.
• Qualified mechanics check everything on your bike from wheels, brakes, gears, and tyre pressure, to lights, racks, pedals, saddles, and more.
• For anything that can’t be fixed there and then, the mechanic will explain what needs doing and provide an estimated cost to fix at a bike shop.
To view Dr Bike sessions visit www.cycleconfident.com/courses/dr-bike/
Community Fund Parklets
Applications for Community Fund Parklets are still open.
Want to improve your local area with a custom parklet on your street? To view more information visit https://www.lambeth.gov.uk/parks-sports-leisure/community-parklet-scheme
Posted on 2nd November 2023